Sunday, June 19, 2005

#1 Pho

Ok, one last post will wrap up the visit with the library school friends that took place in April...

I have posted before about Vietnamese food, and pho in particular. #1 Pho is practically next door to Pho Hoa (a more dedicated noodle-house type place that is FAR less visible from the street) that I've posted about before. #1 Pho probably has more atmosphere than Pho Hoa and a more varied menu selection. As I recall, we all really liked our food, and it was a very nice experience.

I have mixed feelings about recommending #1 Pho, because I think they probably take a lot of business from Pho Hoa, and the last thing I want to have happen is for there to be FEWER noodle options in Cleveland. Ok, I would definitely recommend #1 Pho, but PLEASE try Pho Hoa, too. They specialize more and is more of a mom-n-pop kind of place, and there should be room for both of them, right?

If I was in charge of things, I would move Pho Hoa to Coventry, where they could have a more visible spot with more natural light, not to mention being EXTREMELY convenient for me. Surely, Coventry is ready for Bubble Tea? Plus, there must be students at Case who would go for the cheap and delicious sandwiches and bowls of noodles. If I prayed, I would pray for Pho Hoa to move to Coventry and be a smahing success.

1 Comments:

Blogger Sarah Wilson Belzile said...

You can't get bubble tea on Coventry YET but you can get it at Phoenix Coffee 2287 Lee Road. My favorites are the green tea honeydew and probably the mango is my second favorite. Enjoy!

Tuesday, June 28, 2005 11:27:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home