Saturday, June 18, 2005

Lolly the Trolley - Cleveland City Sightseeing Tours

A friend of mine got us a gift certificate for Lolly the Trolley before we moved here, and today seemed like the perfect day to use it.

We did the one hour tour, and I learned so much and felt so great about Cleveland. I would highly recommend the tour to be one of the first things you do when you visit, so you can get an idea of what else you might want to do while you're here. I learned a bunch about buildings and public art downtown, the history of the city, and things to do.

I know that tours like this are designed to shine a flattering light on an area, but what can I say? I'm a sucker. Information about the ethnic groups who moved here over time, the church that was the last stop on the Underground Railroad before the ferry trip to Canada and freedom, and the Gay Pride parade that was going on downtown today overwhelmed me with respect for my new city. Not to mention the glittering Rock'n'Roll Hall of Fame, the lake full of sailboats, and the apartments and condos that the tourguide pointed out as having been added to areas of downtown recently.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home