Sunday, April 10, 2005

Gardening: first foray

I've never lived in my own house before where I had a yard to garden in, but I've often fantasized about growing vegetables in my yard, so now's it's time!

Yesterday I went to Heights Garden Center on Cedar between Lee and Taylor for seeds, seed-starting supplies, and advice. I talked to a woman there who was really helpful, but a line started behind me and by the time we finished discussing my lawn, I felt like I had to let her help someone else, so we didn't even get as far as raised beds or vegetables.

Then I went over to Petitti's at the Richmond Mall, where they were also very nice, and got some supplies there.

I got seeds for collards, Beefmaster (!) tomatoes, parsley, Brussels sprouts, Waltham butternut squash, and zucchini, plus some Genoan basil that my mom gave me when they were here recently. Keep your fingers crossed!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home