Saturday, March 26, 2005

Angela-Mia Pizza

My parents, Mom and Dad are in town, helping us work on the house. We were all busy today with house projects and needed something easy for dinner. So we decided to try a new pizza place. After a little searching online, I found Angela-Mia Pizza and decided to give it a try.

I didn't realize it was in East Cleveland in what might be considered a Bad Area until after I had ordered two medium pizzas and a large salad. So Dr. Jay and I piled into the car and went to pick up the food. It's take-out only, and the most remarkable feature of the decor is the thick plexiglass window protecting the employees from us. Anywhere there were holes in the window, like for passing pizza boxes, money, or cube-shaped objects such as salad containers, there were plexiglass doors that the woman behind the counter and I both got a laugh out of watching me try to navigate.

And the food? Everyone really liked the pizza. I found the canned mushrooms to have a metallic taste but the crust was very nice. Right in between "thick and doughy" and "thin and crispy." And the pizza was not at all soggy or greasy. The salad was iceberg lettuce, tomatoes, black and green olives, and peperoncini.

We were all very happy. I think we'd go there again, but we might think twice about going after dark. I felt very safe, but I guess the plexiglass must be there for something.

1 Comments:

Blogger Michelle Gilbert, CCA, APAIA, R.SPE.P. said...

Try Mama Santa's in Little Italy. Been there forever, best in town. Or Geraci's on Warrensville Center Rd. in like University Heights or something. yum on both.

Thursday, July 14, 2005 8:02:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home