Friday, March 18, 2005

Things that helped me get through the winter

Well, just two days till the first day of spring, and I seem to have survived the winter in good shape. I know, I know, we still may get more snow, and it won't get warm right away. But I feel pretty confident that I'll get through the rest.

So, how did I do it? Well, I'm glad you asked. I was so sure it would be horrible, that I was determined to do whatever I could to prevent becoming cold, wet, and depressed.

Right after the first of the year, I started a Pilates class at the local recreation center. I'm now almost done with my second 6-week class, and I love it!

Along with the Pilates, I walked the dog for 10 to 30 minutes every night. It was dark and cold, but it got me out.

My Muckers! Ok, so I just found out that they're actually called Derby. But anyway, they're made by Clark's of England. They're so comfortable, like slippers, and I wore them every single time I walked the dog and they kept me dry and happy.

And under them, I wore my SmartWool Expedition Treckers. So warm and dry! Thick and comfy! And green. Hurrah!

Then there's my GoLite "Portable Handheld Light Therapy Device". No Seasonal Affective Disorder for me! Dr. Jay's aunt got me this for my birthday, and we both use it. I think it's helped us both.

Oh, and Dr. Jay's sister gave me a long black wool coat from J.Crew that was delicious when it was cold and snowy. AND, my long underwear. A few different brands and models, but it went on every day after work and didn't come off till bedtime.

1 Comments:

Blogger vb said...

Mrs. Aitch,

In my search for pho and/or bubble tea in the Cleveland area, I've discovered your blog. I am also a blogger on Blogger.com at http://bodanzarama.blogspot.com/. I am a Cleveland native. Like you, I moved to the other side of the country (Seattle) and fell in love. Though Cleveland is my home, I don't think I could ever live there again. No more winters for me.

It sounds as if you and Dr. Jay cover quite a territory. As I read, I can see that you have a love of sharing leads on where to get good food. It brings back lots of memories.

I noticed that you enjoyed Pho Hoa. I love pho and miss it when I visit Cleveland. I leave tonight on a redeye for Cleveland and will be staying with my mom for a week. Though she lives in Chardon, I'd happily drive to Pho Hoa if the pho was as good as you say. Can you tell me if they serve bubble tea? This is something else I miss while in Cleveland. If the pho is good AND they serve bubble tea, then I have no excuse for not going (except for the rain and ice that I read is predicted!). I appreciate your answer if you can give it.

One more thing, would you mind if I mentioned your blog on my blog? Perhaps my friends and family back home would enjoy your food reviews. If not, that's ok.


Have a great day!

Tuesday, March 22, 2005 3:09:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home