Monday, November 15, 2004

Tommy's on Coventry

When Dr. Jay and I first visited Cleveland last spring, one of his (at that time, prospective) colleagues took us to Tommy's for dinner.

Tommy's is on Coventry, which we were told is "the Haight-Ashbury of Cleveland". That might be a slight exaggeration, but it is a pretty good spot. Que Tal (see below) and the Grog Shop (se below-er) are both there, along with at least 3 book stores (Mac's Backs is the only one I've been to, but I'm looking forward to checking out Revolution Books), a non-Blockbuster/-Hollywood Video video store and at least one record and one cd store.

Oh, back to Tommy's. 1) They are known for their milkshakes; 2) they spell hummus "homos"; 3) they have a huge menu; 4) they have both lots of vegetarian food and lots of non-vegetarian food, and they aren't afraid to mix the two, resulting in combinations like "Bacon, falafel, cheese, sprouts, onions, peppers,
tomatoes, sesame sauce toasted on pita". They have so many things, you really need to go there a few times to find your favorites. The Shawarma, I think, is my favorite so far.

The trip to Tommy's probably had a whole lot to do with my feeling like Cleveland might be a place I could live.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home