Saturday, November 06, 2004

Parkers New American Bistro

Related to the post about the Shaker Square Farmers Market, I have to write about Parkers New American Bistro. It is my understanding, and I don't remember where I read it, that Chef Parker Bosley was involved in getting the Cleveland area farmers' markets going.

His restaurant serves fresh, locally grown, and organic food. It's NOT vegetarian (see menu), but it IS environmentally responsible, seasonal, and delicious. It makes me feel very good knowing this, but it would be worth going anyway, because the food is awesome.

The first time we went, Dr. Jay had lamb shank with polenta and vegetables. I had trout, lightly breaded on just one side, with dauphine potatoes (they were like scalloped) and greenbeans with bacon. We intended to share, but we each loved what we got so much, that we didn't even want to try any of the other person's. The second time we went, Dr. Jay got the same lamb shank, and I tried to order something different, because I thought I should. My mother, Mom, was with us, and she ordered the roasted chicken. When I tried to order the same, I was told that she had ordered the last one. I immediately and gleefully changed my order to the trout, because that's what I really wanted in the first place.

The menu changes depending on what's in season, so chances are good that next time, we'll be forced to try something different. Oh, and they start you off with homemade bread and this great butter that we can never get enough of.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home