Monday, May 02, 2005

Where have I been?

Well. Where haven't I been?

No, really. I went to Austin for a long weekend. Austin, where I haven't been since I moved from there almost 3 years ago. It was so good to see friends (and friends' babies!) and see the city where I spent 8 1/2 sometimes intense and formative years. I ate more than is morally defensible, and on the last day it was like, "Ok. We'll go now to get a barbecue sandwich; then we can leave for the airport, and on the way we'll stop at Taco Cabana for tacos to eat on the plane!"

It was so lovely to be in a city where I know so much about what to do and where to go. Restaurants? libraries? books? hiking? swimming? views? zoo? friends? holistic doctors? I know where to find it. Not the case here (yet), never the case in California, and no longer the case in Connecticut.

I got to see friends from massage school, library school, and work, and it was awesome.

Then, this past weekend, two other library school friends came here to Cleveland with their S.O.'s. We did lots of fun stuff that I hope I can get around to blogging about, and they seemed to come away with a feeling that Cleveland is pretty cool and has a lot to offer.

2 Comments:

Blogger Christine Borne said...

did you go to UT Austin for library school? Do you know my friend Rebecca Gonzales? I believe she graduated in 2001 or 2002....

Wednesday, May 04, 2005 7:20:00 PM  
Blogger Mrs. Aitch said...

I did go to UT Austin, and I was there in 2001 and 2002. And the name Rebecca Gonzales sounds familiar, but I don't think I know her. A lot of my classes were archives-related rather than library-related, so if she was a library person or a preservation/convservation person, I might have missed meeting her. Alternatively, I might just be spacing on her name and actually have been in class with her!

Thursday, May 05, 2005 10:31:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home