Thursday, February 03, 2005

Groundhog Day

Growing up (was it the whole time I was growing up? No. Highschool and college?) in Connecticut, I remember being so hopeful, every year on Groundhog Day, "Oh please, oh, please, oh please. Let there not be 6 more weeks of winter."

Of course, there are always 6 more weeks of winter after Groundhog Day if you live in Connecticut, because it's the beginning of February. But I remember always feeling like I probably just wouldn't make it. I remember coming close to tears, feeling like there was just no way I could survive 6 more weeks of not spring.

In contrast, this year I was like, "What, Groundhog Day already? But we're just getting going! And I want to use my skis some more. It's only February 2nd, for crying out loud. Why would anyone think winter would be over?"

Maybe it's because everyone said how awful the winter would be, or maybe it's because I haven't lived through a real winter for a decade. But I'm happy. We'll just wait and see how it goes next year.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home